Let's face it: the road to achieving our dreams can feel long and hard. Many meaningful goals will take months or years to accomplish. We might find ourselves asking, "Is it worth it?" And we may consider quitting. But the truth is, the time will pass either way - whether you are working toward your goal or not. And even if you quit, the desire will likely grow and start to nag you. This post is all about how to stick with it, even if the end point seems far away.
So, you have a dream...
Me too! In fact, I've had many dreams. Some I stuck with. Some I did not. As I reflect back, I can learn from all of them. And I want to share that learning with you because I know from experience, if a goal is important enough to you, it will keep coming up in your mind. You can try to let go of it, but it won't let go of you. And I know you can do it. You just need a few tips and strategies to stay motivated through the hard times - the times that are full of doubt and frustration and disappointment (because, as you probably know, any dream worth achieving will have plenty of these things).
Do's and Don'ts
In this video, recorded originally as a Facebook Live (did you miss it? Make sure you follow me at Laura Buckley Coaching!), I review my favorite do's and don'ts for sticking with the path to your dreams. Want to know what's in store? Here are the CliffsNotes:
- Learn from the process; learn from everything
- Celebrate small wins along the way - and share them with others!
- Notice your progress; reflect on how far you've comes
- Trust the process
- Only focus on the end point - know where you are going, but focus on the steps along the way
- See setbacks as hopeless failures or evidence that you won't succeed
- Spend all your time and energy on your goal - this will lead to burnout!
I want to hear from you! Drop me a comment and let me know what resonated with you!